Field device couplers series 9411
Field device couplers series 9411 As part of a Foundation fieldbus infrastructure, isolated device couplers are installed where the fieldbus trunk (i.e., home run cable) is connected to the various device spurs. Isolated device couplers are specifically designed to allow automation end users to connect more devices per coupler while permitting live segment work in hazardous plant areas. These couplers provide isolated, conditioned power to multiple fieldbus devices and protect against short circuits caused by excess current in a spur. By enabling more devices per segment, they also help reduce controller input/output (I/O) points and associated installation costs.
R. Stahl’s Series 9411/21 and 9411/24 isolated device couplers are suitable for use in Zone 1, Zone 2 and U.S. Division 2, and are available with plastic or stainless steel housings that can be tailored to fit customer requirements. The series also includes a unique power management feature: during the start-up of a fieldbus segment, the spurs energize one after the other. This reduces the inrush current on a segment by up to 50 percent, requiring less spare energy and making longer segment lengths possible.
- For FOUNDATIONTM fieldbus H1 and Profibus PA
- Connection of up to 4 or 8 explosion protected (Ex d / Ex m) field devices to a non-intrinsically safe / Ex e fieldbus
- Short-circuit protection for each spur
- Reduced starting and low short-circuit current through power management
- LED indication of faults on each spur
- Switchable termination on board
- Screw or cage clamp terminals
- Customer specific enclosures available in different versions